Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hide and Seek

It might have been a red herring,
but my aqueous,black nose was acutely correct.
On the lawn,over the fence,I heard them sparring.
The neurons in my small brain made the connect and I began to introspect.

Their gibberish dialect made no sense,
but my discerning eyes studied what detectives discounted.
Thick in excitement , my adrenaline was pumping up the suspense.
I knew just where to look ,below the sofa,just underneath the sheets folded.

Launching my nose into the pile,
I smelt extensively,rummaging for a while.
I needed to crack this case,
The last dying chance for a snack,and of course.. saving grace.
Been taunted corpulent,insipid and indolent,
I had become increasingly depressed and grievant.

The lights dimmed,the music halted,
There it was ,glistening its buttons on the spongy leather throne.*the drum roll sounded*

The cruel intransigent TV remote,
Phew! It payed off even though it spoilt my shiny coat.
Proud as a peacock, I shook my tail,:)
Bought back the kill to the sparring siblings,
Thus,giving them the opportunity to watch the adventures of ducktails,
and My big bowl of pedigree awaiting :)

2 comments:

vik said...

I believe Simba wrote this. That crazy animal which i didn't get to meet. I will meet Simba 2.0 though :D

On more literary terms - Nice poem !
except for the spongy leather throne part :) and you gave too many clues too soon ! Nonetheless - eee :D

Anand said...

made me smile on a day most vile.

just my opinion but knowing how it ends didnt make the journey any less enjoyable :)

keep the words flowing :)